Toxicologie, Pharmacologie et Signalisation céllulaire - UMR-S 1124
Université Paris Descartes
45 rue des Saints Pères
75270 Paris Cedex 06
Fax : +33 (0) 1 42 86 38 68
Dr. Jacques PANTEL
INSERM researcher, CR- INSERM
Neuroplasticity and therapies of addictions
jacques.pantel@-Code a retirer pour éviter le SPAM-inserm.fr
+33 1 42 86 38 62, room P468
Jacques Pantel graduated from Pharm. D. and Ph. D degrees at Paris Descartes University and completed his pharmacy residency training at Paris-hospital in 1997. He did a post-doc in human genetics at INSERM (Créteil, FR) where he was subsequently recruited as a tenured scientist (Chargé de Recherche INSERM) in the team of Serge Amselem in 2001. Pushed by his interest for the control of feeding behavior, he joined to the lab of Roger D Cone in 2007 in the US at OHSU (Portland, OR) and then at Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN). In 2008, he was appointed Research Associate Professor of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics at Vanderbilt where he launched a drug discovery program aiming at the identification of novel classes of ant obesity drugs positive by high throughput screening (i.e. allosteric modulators of the melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R)). He was also involved in a program on the genetics of anorexia nervosa. Back in France, he develops his own research focusing on G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) drug target validation using integrated research approaches. He is currently focusing on the physiological significance of ghrelin signaling through the growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHSR), and on its potential as a drug target.
- Enhanced responsiveness of Ghsr Q343X rats to ghrelin results in enhanced adiposity without increased appetite.
Chebani Y, Marion C, Zizzari P, Chettab K, Pastor M, Korostelev M, Geny D, Epelbaum J, Tolle V, Morisset-Lopez S, Pantel J : Sci Signal, 2016
- Molecular screening of a large cohort of Moroccan patients with congenital hypopituitarism.
Fritez N, Sobrier ML, Iraqi H, Vié-Luton MP, Netchine I, El Annas A, Pantel J, Collot N, Rose S, Piterboth W, Legendre M, Chraibi A, Amselem S, Kadiri A, Hilal L : Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 2015
- Targeting the cis-dimerization of LINGO-1 with low MW compounds affects its downstream signalling.
Cobret L, De Tauzia ML, Ferent J, Traiffort E, Hénaoui I, Godin F, Kellenberger E, Rognan D, Pantel J, Bénédetti H, Morisset-Lopez S : Br J Pharmacol, 2014
- [G-protein-coupled receptors targeting: the allosteric approach].
Sebag JA, Pantel J : Med Sci (Paris), 2012
- Development of a high throughput screen for allosteric modulators of melanocortin-4 receptor signaling using a real time cAMP assay.
Pantel J, Williams SY, Mi D, Sebag J, Corbin JD, Weaver CD, Cone RD : Eur J Pharmacol, 2011
- Recessive isolated growth hormone deficiency and mutations in the ghrelin receptor.
Pantel J, Legendre M, Nivot S, Morisset S, Vie-Luton MP, le Bouc Y, Epelbaum J, Amselem S : J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 2009
- Loss of constitutive activity of the growth hormone secretagogue receptor in familial short stature.
Pantel J, Legendre M, Cabrol S, Hilal L, Hajaji Y, Morisset S, Nivot S, Vie-Luton MP, Grouselle D, de Kerdanet M, Kadiri A, Epelbaum J, Le Bouc Y, Amselem S : J Clin Invest, 2006